Sunday, September 27, 2015

Welcome to the first addition of Savings the Youth. A Blog to inform the uninformed of how simple finance in today's America Works. The blog will focus on teens and those just starting out, ready to make financial decisions. I will talk about many things. The basis of all those things will be three specific things. Savings, how credit works and building a budget. Hopefully the early knowledge will get you to understand the basics. To then be successful in the future. As all of these things will effect your life in the future and today. If you are financial future is settled, it may be the biggest thing that you have ever done. It will help in purchasing a home, starting a business and even getting that brand new cell phone. The approach of Savings the Youth will come from different things. Video, text and even some podcast to be uploaded soon. Keep checking in, as we are just getting started!

3 comments:

  1. I still think this is a great idea. I can't wait to see how you develop the concept into a full functional site for youth and their parents to learn about finances. It will be a great resource that I would use for several people I know. I've stressed to my kids the importance of learning how to manage their money and bills. They have actually gotten pretty goo at it thus far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea for a blog. I think there is a lack of focus finance within the educational system. A great example of this, which espn did a story on in their 30 for 30 series i think, is how professional sports figures go broke from mishandling their money. I hope you are able to inform people through your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to be interested in seeing where this blog will end up going. At just 23, I've made a few small financial blunders, but am working to fix my credit and get into a position to purchase a house. I think I can still be considered starting out, so this should help me quite a bit.

    ReplyDelete